POST OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS AFTER BONEBRIDGE HEARING IMPLANT
- This is a day surgery procedure. Someone should be with you to take you home.
- The procedure takes around 1 hr. The access for surgery is through an incisionbehind the ear. A small area of hair is shaved for the procedure. A recess is made within the skull to accommodate the active part of the implant and the magnetic component is simply placed under the soft tissues.
- The wound is closed with dissolving sutures and will then be covered with steristrips. It is important to keep the wound dry for 10 days. The steristrips may lift or peel off on their own. They do not need to be replaced. If all of the steristrips are intact then they are removed at 7 days.
- At 2-4 weeks switch on can be arranged with the processor fitting.
- Ideally you should have 1 week off work.